Car Shipping to Cyprus
Regular RoRo and Container Shipping Direct From the UK to Cyprus
Information on Car Shipping Costs and Services to Limassol Cyprus.
Autoshippers provide Cyprus car shipping services with our loading depots in London, situated in Enfield. These are shared container services and we offer a weekly sailing to Limassol. We also offer weekly car shipping services to Cyprus on regular Roll on Roll off ships sailing from Bristol and Southampton, giving you the UK’s best service options for all your car shipping requirements.
As part of the 1st Move International group of companies, we have been shipping cars to Cyprus for over 20 years and offer our private clients unbeatable shipping rates, nationwide car collection services and your own dedicated move manager who will oversee all aspects of your vehicle export.
Our Move Managers have in depth knowledge of exporting cars and vehicles to Cyprus to ensure that both UK and Limassol customs procedures are strictly adhered to, to ensure the minimum of delays.
We are a UK customs registered broker with approved access to the Government gateway for completion of the necessary formalities to ensure a smooth transition through UK and Cypriot border controls.
Auto Shippers UK are members of the British International Freight Association (BIFA) with full marine insurance through insurance giants Royal Sun Alliance for that extra piece of mind.
Important Notice for Military, Air Force and British forces Stationed at the Sovereign Base Areas (SBA) of Akrotiri and Dhekelia.
All members of British armed forces currently in Cyprus are exempt from the recent changes to duties and taxes following the UK’s departure from Europe. Military personnel are also exempt from the Cyprus 5 year rule and can ship a car to Cyprus irrespective of the age of the vehicle.
There are some limitations, such as the requirement to own and use the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months before selling it, and 28 days before you are able to export it, and please be advised that this is valid for entitled Armed Forces personnel only, not your dependants (although insured dependents in the household can drive the vehicle, just not import and register it in their name)
There are specific documents that are required;
- VX302 (in place of V5 log book) which must be in the importers name
- C104A & Certificate of Identification
- MOD90 & Assignment orders (MIL) or Passport and Status Certificate
If you are a member of British Armed forces and unable to ship out of Marchwood Military Port then please contact us for more information on shipping your car to Cyprus.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car to Cyprus
See below for current car shipping costs from the UK to Limassol, Cyprus. Rates are current at the time of writing but please check with us prior to booking. Rates are port to port shipping only, and exclude duties and taxes (if applicable), car collection costs, and redelivery (if required) at the destination. RoRo rates are from Southampton and Bristol. Container rates are from our depots in Enfield, near London. Please fill in our quote form and we will give you current rates and full service details.
|Standard Saloon Car||£645||£1,175|
|SUV / 4x4||£815||£1,175|
Duty and Tax
If you are transfering your 'normal residencey' from the UK to Cyprus, you are permitted to import one vehicle into the country that is excempt from any duty or tax, provided you meet the following criteria:
- You must have owned and used the vehicle in the UK for a period of at least six months before transferring your residence to Cyprus.
- The vehicle must be imported within 12 months of you transferring your normal residence to Cyprus.
- The vehicle must be in 'Free Circulation' in the UK prior to shipment. ie. no duty or tax must be outstanding on the vehicle or should be reclaimed from UK Customs on export from the UK.
More info can be found on our Cyprus car import guide.
Documentation We Need to Ship Your Car to Cyprus
- A copy of the vehicles V5 (Licence Document / Log Book) for your vehicle.
- A copy of the photo page of your Passport
- A copy of a valid MOT certificate will only be needed if you would like us to arrange collection of your vehicle in the UK using an insured driver. If your vehicle does not have a valid MOT, or if you would simply prefer, we also offer a collection service using car transporters or a fully enclosed collection vehicle.
For further information, contact us or see our Cyprus car shipping guide. Our Cyprus guide also contains detailed information on the various import permits available when shipping your car to Cyprus. Feel free to contact us for help & advice.
You may also need to produce documentary evidence to Cypriot customs if you are transfering residency as evidence of ownership of your vehicle. These documents include:
- Contract of sale or rent of your residence in the UK and for your new residence Cyprus.
- Evidence of employment both in the UK and in Cyprus (eg. tax returns, pay slips etc...)
- The vehicle registration document, insurance certificate, invoice or receipt covering purchase of the vehicle.
- Proof of the vehicles shipment and arrival such as the bill of lading that we will provide following departure of your vehicle from the UK
Delivering your vehicle for UK Export to Cyprus
For shared container services (RRak)
Weekly sailings from London area depots. Transit time 18 days.
We are loading containers at our UK depots in Enfield (EN3 nr.Loondon). You can deliver to our loading depot or we can arrange collection from your door. After you have booked with us we will arrange a suitable appointment and you can drive your car to the loading point.
For Roll on Roll off services
Weekly service with a 14 day transit time from Southampton or 21 days from Bristol.
Grimaldi RoRo vessels sail from Bristol and Southampton. You can deliver to either of these ports or we can arrange collection from your door. The Bristol sailing routes over Europe then returns to Southampton so whilst the vessel is the same the transit time is longer from Bristol.
We will print and email you a dock pass and a Standard Shipping note to give you access to the port or loading terminal in London. As a government registered UK Customs Broker we electronically file your customs entry directly onto the UK Customs website in advance of the export process.
UK to Cyprus Sailing Schedule + Transit Times
|Destination||Vessel||Sailing Date||Transit Times|
|Limassol||ZIM Alabama||24/11/2023||22 Days|
|Destination||Vessel||Sailing Date||From||Transit Times|
|Limassol||Gran Europa||04/12/2023||Southampton||14 Days|
Video - How We Ship Your Car to Cyprus
In this video we show you our process for shipping your car from the UK to Cyprus in a 20ft container.
- The car is loaded and secured at our facility to ensure it doesn't move during shipment.
- It is driven into the container and positioned before all four wheels are safely chocked using either metal or wood chocks.
- Strong, padded ratchet straps are used to lash the wheels to the container's built-in securing eyelets.
- If straps cannot be secured around the wheels, the vehicle's front and rear towing eyelets are used for secure lashing.
- All shipping containers adhere to strict safety regulations, ensuring structural integrity and protection from weather conditions.
Arrival of your car in Limassol
Our Cyprus shipping agents can arrange customs clearance and, delivery of your vehicle to any location in Cyprus.
When shipped by R-RAK shared container, the full container is cleared at the port. You do not have to be there. Once the container has been cleared by Cyprus customs it is driven to our secure terminal 10 minutes from the port. Simply make an appointment with our agents and collect your car.
Where's my car? New vehicle tracking service: Track your car from London to arrival Limassol. Once your car is loaded we will give you the container number and you can follow your car as it makes it's journey to Limassol.
When shipped by RoRo you can visit their offices after the vessel has arrived in Limassol and they will escort you to the port office and the customs office to arrange for the appropriate customs paperwork for you. Due to new security measures at the port you will have to make an appointment and access to the port is now restricted and available only by the approved security bus which must be booked beforehand.
For further information on Cyprus car shipping regulations please see our Cyprus import customs guide.
For a professional and highly individual car shipping service to Cyprus, and to find out more about our great shipping rates and regular weekly RoRo services to Limassol, please call us FREE from the UK on 0800 3890784, or call us from overseas on + 44 117 9828123.
You can also use our quick car shipping quote form on this page or please just ask us a question here
Our car shipping agents in Cyprus can arrange import customs clearance formalities and onward delivery to anywhere on the island including: Paphos - Coral Bay - Peyia - Polis - Neo Chorio - Avia Marina and Argaka - Pomos - Pyrgos - Droushia - Akaourdalia - Kathikas - Pissouri - Peristerona - Troodos - Limassol - Nicosia - Lefkara Larnaca - Ayia Napa - Protara - Paralimni - Agios Georgios - Kissonerga - Chlorakas - Episkopi